Friday, September 5, 2008

Puppy chow...

Puppy chow... I really love puppy chow.  One of the girls I work with brought in some she made today... my hand barely left the bag all day.  It reminded me of care packages my mom used to send me during college... there would always be LOTS of puppy chow!  It made me quite popular a few times. :)  It is so easy to make... it only takes 4 ingredients!  I even bought a box of Crispix on the way home to make some tonight.  So for anyone else who LOVES it as much as I do, I have included the world's simplest recipe. :)  ENJOY!!!  I will be!

6oz or 1 cup semi-sweet morsels
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts (they are optional, but I DO NOT use them)
6 cups Crispix (or a small box)
1 cup powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl, takes about a minute or so.  Stir until melty and then add peanut butter.  Gently stir in Crispix, but some will break.  Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag and add the Crispix mixture and shake.  It works best if you do this step in smaller quantities, the Crispix gets more evenly coated.  

Super easy! :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love puppy chow too! And I always say NO WAY to the nuts! No wonder we got along so well as roommates! See you soon!

Carrie and Aaron said...

Taking orders yet?