Thursday, September 4, 2008

End of Summer...


The end of summer has arrived, and what a GREAT summer it was!  After FINALLY finishing our house projects late spring, early summerish we were really able to enjoy the outdoors.  We did so many fun things this summer I thought I would post some pics with a few of the highlights.  Too bad I don't have any of us sitting and watching the Olympics, it became an obsession for the two of us... Steve even got into the gymnastics! :)


The Betka family and Boss family caught a Tigers game for Father's Day.  Steve even caught something else, a ball hit by Pudge (back when he was still a Tiger) during batting practice.



A very fun day spent on the Thornapple River with Abby, Carrie, and Elizabeth in June.



Our very patriotic Fourth of July block party.

ROTHBURY!  We only went for Saturday and Sunday (because of our awesome FREE tix!) but I don't think I would have made it the whole weekend.  By the time we got home, we were "Rothed OUT!"


A trip to Fremont took Carley, Katie, and I to the Gerber Baby Food Festival, a Lonestar concert, and Steve's 10 year high school reunion!


Here we are in Grant Park in Chicago for Lollapalooza.  Had such a great time with Jason and Michelle, our Lolla buddies, and also ran into old friends to listen to a little Rage Against the Machine!  It really brought back all those days during Pull practice- really glad I had one of my Pull coaches with me at the concert! :)


Also in Chicago that weekend we went to a Cubs game.  It was awesome for Steve and I because neither of us had ever been to the very classic Wrigley Field.

After all the travels and hot, lazy days fall may be welcomed.  At least I really like to wear sweaters!!!




No comments: