Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My baby turns 1 (aka: June part 2)...

On June 26, 2010, we celebrated Trey's FIRST birthday!!! It was a jungle themed party with lots of fun animals. It was SO fun throwing my first kid birthday party. I can hardly believe that my BABY turned ONE! He is SO big and teaching me something new every day. I love watching him grow and learn and discover new things. He is such a funny and smart little man and reminds me SO much of his daddy :) I swear he is going to be an engineer, or a performer. He LOVES figuring out how things work. He takes it all apart and every once in awhile attempts to put it back together :) He also loves to chatter away, can't wait until we actually know what he's saying. Since it has been awhile now since his birthday I'll also update on how far he's come since then. At about 13 months he officially started walking- and I thought crawling rocked my world! He's a little bit naughty (especially when tired, like his cousin Jake) and hears the word "NO" a lot. His vocabulary is increasing, and every once in awhile a real one comes out ;) His favorites are "uh-oh" (also the first one!), "all done", the very awesome "poo-poo", "boom", of course "daddy", every once in awhile a "mama" (a VERY rare while), "ball", and "this, this" for any and everything he may want. He is also VERY good at grunting and pointing and whining. He loves to take people places. He grabs your finger and takes you around the house to different locations. Usually to his room where he will pat the rocking chair. You have to sit or he gets VERY upset. Generally he then leaves the room and you sitting there. My favorite is when he comes back and looks so surprised that you are still sitting there waiting for him :) He really is quite funny. He makes a whole repertoire of faces that are so silly, and he knows it. Clearly we adore him and can't get enough of him. We LOVE him so much and can't imagine our lives without him!!! Enjoy this glimpse into Trey's big day!


Trey's own personal cake, BEFORE.

WAY TOO MANY presents for one little boy!!!


Opening said presents.


Trey and all his grandmas... my mom (Grandma), Steve's mom (Nana), my grandma (Other-One Grandma), and Steve's grandma (Great-Grandma Kastelin)



Mommy even made him a custom shirt!



He had some presents for all his friends too!

And, AFTER! It actually took him a little while to get into the cake, but he soon made short work of it.

Cousin Claudia watches closely to make sure he's doing everything right! She's such a good helper!


1 comment:

Carley Hwang said...

Leave it to Cousin Claudia to make sure he ate his cake "right"!